More sales doesn’t necessarily mean optimized.
Wait. What? More sales is MORE SALES. Isn’t that the point of an E-commerce website?
Yes and no. At VSI, we focus on the RIGHT sales. If the objective is just a higher number of sales, you can end up optimizing for your lowest margin items. And while a sale is a sale, and SOME margin is better than none, we think it should be about revenue. And really – even more about PROFIT.
So how do we do that? Glad you asked:
- We start by creating an analytics package on your current store to determine where traffic is coming from, what thos users are doing, and how they are converting to buyers.
- We then take that data to determine exactly which products are yielding the most revenue on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis. Selling 100 items sounds nice, but the margin is the thing. We’ll focus you on selling the highest number of highest margin items.
- We’ll create comprehensive A/B tests, or alternating presentation experiments, for the site to make changes that will have the highest impact. Once we know which test works best, we’ll implement it – and then design another one.
- We’ll report results on a weekly basis, not just to show you what a great job we do (although we do like that part), but to get input from you on our direction. Numbers don’t always tell the whole story.
- We’ll start again – and keep refining as long as it keeps making you more money.
Our focus is where your focus is. While it’s true that money isn’t everything – it most certainly is everything on a well run E-commerce website.
Let us show you how to not only increase your sales, but get the RIGHT sales, today.